Friday, October 30, 2009

Hooked on Gold Gazette 10/30/09


HAPPY HALLOWEEN HAUNTINGS!





Our Winter Wonderland Yesterday at noon.
[Half of what we got for a total]
HOOKED ON GOLD GAZETTE
· Gold Spot Closing Price for Friday: $1044.70
· Spot price last Gazette: $1054.80
________________

Calendar of Events
OCTOBER
· 31st Halloween
NOVEMBER
· 3rd Election Day
· 11th GPOC Meeting
· 26th Thanksgiving
DECEMBER
· 24th Christmas Eve
· 25th Christmas Day
_______________________________________
NEWS

If you haven’t checked out the Prospecting Community Network you might want to. We have a great group started with several already blogging and getting involved. You will be able to view the main page when you pull the site up to decide if it is a place you would like to hang out at.

So, where did I leave off last week? I know on Monday I told you about the e-bay listing, and then everything went to H**l in a hand basket as Old Man Winter settled in on us with a vengeance. We have about 22 inches here at the house, and today’s temps didn’t get much above 45 degrees. I bet there I still snow on the ground for Halloween tomorrow night. BRRRR!

Gold took back some of its’ gains this last week, but ended higher than earlier with it dipping near $1030 and rising to around $1060. Yes, my friends, your gold will be worth more in the near future, so get to working those cons so you can see that yellow stuff.

New news this past week was more about the dollar and the stock market than about gold. With Halloween tomorrow night, we are entering into the holiday seasons, and gold jewelry prices should be a bit higher this year with gold demands being more and jewelers having to pay more for the metal. Many are having a hard time selling gold jewelry due to the price. Many have begun offering jewelry in silver to reduce the costs to the buyer. I have also begun to see copper crop up in jewelry this summer, so look for some jewelers to begin to use that metal as well.

I have a new store program that I am working on. I got a long way yesterday putting it together, found that one of the files had been corrupted, and had to delete the whole thing. Not only that, but I had to purge the program from the computer and upload it again to start all over. BUMMER! I had spent about 6 hours getting it set up and adding items to it before the corrupted file showed up. Starting over on a project of this size is hard to do, but I opened it up this morning and started a new one. We’ll see how far I get this time before I have a problem with it. Last year’s attempt was a total and utter disaster. I do hope this year’s program will be easier and I can finally get a decent store uploaded. If anyone ever tells you building and updating a website, or making money online is easy, kick them in the shins for me, eh? The only thing I ever put this much time and work into for so little money back was raising my kids. That was worth the years of trial, etc., but THIS is ridiculous.

Do you have any gold prospecting stories to share with all of us? Send me some in the comments box. I’m sure everyone would love to hear someone else ramble on, or do you just love ME? :>D

I don’t have any final results on the changes at Cache Creek for next year, but I will keep my ears open so when I do, you’ll know almost as soon as I do. Have and safe and happy Halloween!

(Links to our affiliates. Good deals, and GREAT folks)
You can find Panning Kits
Monthly Prospecting Equipment Specials
Basic Prospecting Equipment

Until next week…….

Good Prospecting to You,
Shirley (MQS)
Google has begun running third party ads and is requiring adsense sites to include information about this change on their websites. You can read about this on our Privacy Policy page.

World Open Panning website has this year’s world wide panning competitions listed and they add more all the time. A great site to visit: http://www.worldopenpanning.homestead.com/ . If the links do not work, copy and paste them into your browser.
If you find a broken link, please let us know
THE ARKANSAS RIVER is now CLOSED TO MOTORIZED EQUIPMENT until MARCH 1st.
_______________________________________
http://www.hookedongold.com/
http://www.hookedongoldprospecting.ning.com/
hookedongold@gmail.com contact us
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Ads that you might find on this blog or on a website using ads, may use cookies or other tracking means to track your movements on the web. Please read our Privacy Policy to see how this affects you and what you might want to do to prevent cookies being used to track you.

No comments: