Thursday, January 15, 2009

Global Warming and Prospecting for Gold

Can you smell the fresh air?
Mt. Antero area in Chaffee County, Colorado
Gold at $816

I think I was going back to some comments I’ve been reading concerning global warming this past year. With so much to comment on lately, I’m getting behind. Anyone who follows my blog, though, knows that I think the whole Global Warming thing is just another way to get into your pockets and make you think you like it.


Global Warming? Well, the alternative is an Ice Age, so I guess you could say that we have been in a global warming stage since the last one, but to say that man is to blame is ridiculous. Years ago, I read that all of the CO2 put into the atmosphere by man around the entire world in an entire year is not equal to a single volcanic eruption in the same year. The sun is responsible for somewhere around 96% of all CO2, so how is it that man gets blamed for what nature is doing on a much bigger scale?


Climates change, and have changed on the earth for millennia and are in constant cycles of warming and cooling, but now I have been reading that climatologists around the world are now thinking that we are at the top of the present warming stage and are entering into another mini ice age, like the one we were in when George Washington crossed the Delaware. (That one ended around the mid 1800’s, can anyone say gold rush, and we’ve been warming ever since.)


Living in Colorado, I’ve seen these same type of cycles about every 20 to 25 years, and while the latest drought we’ve been through has been rather long and harsh, it is not by any means as bad or as long as the one that is supposed to have driven the Anastasi from the Four Corners region. I am pretty sure that man didn’t create that one with fossil fuels.


Now, I am reading accounts that some 650 scientists from around the world are backpedaling as fast as they can concerning global warming and the effects man has on it. A U.S. Senate Minority Report published by the Environmental and Public Works Committee on Dec. 21 of ’08, declared these scientists are dissenting the man-made theory on global warming, many who were members of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and supporters of the Kyoto Treaty.


ICMJ (International California Mining Journal http://www.icmj.com/ ) quoted UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, award winning PhD environmental physical chemist as saying, warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…..When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientist.” I would add that we have also been deceived by Nobel Peace Prize Winner Al Gore, as well. I think my face would be red if I were a member of the Prize committee.


Ok, so what does this have to do with gold prospecting and finding gold? I don’t know, but I do think you should be informed about some of this stuff. Oh, of course, there is the fact that so many people would like to take away your rights to public lands and close roads so you can’t access them, by claiming that mining, fishing, running roads and being outside in a uncontrolled environment isn’t good for the planet. Hey, you could sit in your house and pan some of my panning sand instead to finding your own gold! Well, a least in the winter when you can’t get out. Get out and enjoy the “Wild’s” while you can.


Good Prospecting to You,
Shirley Weilnau
http://www.hookedongold.com/
info@hookedongold.com

No comments: