Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Wish for the New Administration and a Prospectors' New Year's Resolution

Wouldn't mind a stack like that, would you?

Gold is up to $856 today and stock market is off 332. No comment!

WOW! I did a good job of getting all my information out last week. I thought I had left one out, but it looks like I got everything said that was on my list. I have lots of other opinions , but they aren't necessarily appropriate for a gold prospecting blog, so I'll spare you my soap box. So many things are interconnected with mining and prospecting for gold, precious metals or gemstones, that it is hard to decide which topics are appropriate for these pages.



As we inaugurate a new President today, may I say that I wish the new administration well, and pray that they all find the wisdom they will need to lead us from here. And as the old administration leaves, may I also say that the choices they made may not have been any different had someone else been at the helm. Hind sight is ALWAYS 20/20, and sometimes the choices are bad and less bad.

We are having record and near record warmth here in Denver, and the nice weather is really welcome. Not to worry, though, we are back to colder temps by Friday and the weekend. January usually gives us a nice warm up just to tease us into thinking it is Spring right before it puts us into the deep freeze one moe time before it starts to warm up seriously. We are all out washing windows and getting things cleaned up in time for the next cold snap that will keep us in or near the house for the rest of the winter.

I have begun my updates to the website, but it will be slow going this year with the size of the site. I'll start posting updates next week, but you might not see much happening as I have eliminated the GPOC companion pages, changed the name of another page and broken that one up into two pages. I AM hoping to get the menu under better control with some roll overs for subpages, but it will be last on my list as it will take quite a bit of time to do it. Site maintinence must come first as well as new information pages.

Here's a good New Years' Resolution for you: I resolve to do more prospecting for gold, precious metals, and gemstones so I can keep my other New Years' Resolutions to get fit and lose weight. Words to live by, don't cha think?

I have a new twitter follower by the handle of keepinitinthepan. You might want to look him up on twitter and follow along.

Good Prospecting to You,
Shirley Weilnau
www.hookedongold.com
info@hookedongold.com

No comments: