Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time is flying by. Gold Prospecting Season is near!









Fire in the Sky last summer

Going back over some of the pictures from last summer has reminded me of all the friends we made and the people we talked to, the sunsets and the sunrises, and the fun and aggravation.  We are now preparing for another summer season of prospecting for gold in the high country and find we must leave some of our musings behind.

Today, I was made aware that ning.com has decided to do away with their free sites in favor of their paid sites, and I have had to make the decision whether to pay a fee to keep the forum going or bring it to an end.  Sadly, I have decided not to continue with it. 

While there were many who had an interest in the forum, it does not seem to get enough use to warrant my paying for the site.  Keeping up with hookedongold is quite enough where money expenses are concerned.  My hosting comes up again this year, and while the monthly cost isn't much, (and I have an AWESOME host, BTW!) it is still an expense.  A two year renewal is always more cost effective, and so I must weigh those expenses against also paying for another site, and the numbers don't add up to the positive. 

Anyone who had a membership on the ning site has been contacted and been told that they might want to log in and delete their pictures, etc. before I take it down some time in May. 

To all who joined and joined in, thank you.  I appreciate you and your input.  Perhaps I will find another avenue to bring the community together again.  In the mean time, you can always find me here.

Good Prospecting to You,
Shirley,
http://www.hookedongold.com/
hookeongold@gmail.com

No comments: