Friday, October 22, 2010

Back to Bring You More on Prospecting for Gold

My, but gold has made a nice jump since I last visited with you!  You have probably been wondering why I have been away for so long, but believe me it had nothing to do with boredom.

In August, I got a google alert that my domain name was used in a page title or a variation of the original domain.  I have this alert sent to me for obvious reasons, but keeping an eye on who is using my brand name is the number one.


This alert took me to a page that had 5 links back to my site updating the page whenever I published anything.  My blog was linked to it twice, and thus updated the page twice every time I blogged.  Now, I'm a generous person, but I don't like someone else getting credit for my own work, and doing it without my permission.  The page was made to look like I was selling the product, but it was not me, and for a product I would not sell.  There was no contact information for this person, so the only solution was to stop posting and see what happened.

Well, I have waited long enough, I guess, as the links now go to golf sites, but the page still uses my domain name.  So, now you know why I have been away so long.  I have much to say, and it has been tough staying away long enough for this person to abandon the links.  More this weekend, now that I have my explanation out of the way.  

Good Prospecting to You,
Shirley
http://www.hookedongold.com
hookedongold@gmail.com

No comments: