Friday, January 20, 2012

Looking forward to Summer's Golden Sunsets

                                    Sunset at CORA, near Fairplay last summer

 Sheesh! Every time I log into Blogger the format is different.  LOL!  

Gold price closed at $1667.00 for the weekend.  Everyone is wondering what it will do in the coming weeks, too.  Half of what I read says up and the other half says down.  The Federal Open Market Committee meets next Wednesday and what they decide could make a difference....but maybe not.  I think everyone agrees gold will go up some time this year, and possibly to $2000.00 an ounce.  Not too far off its' annual average march of 10% a year for the past 10 years, so that is a safe bet.

Did you know that the average age of vehicles on the road went up this year?  Yup, 10.8 years old.  Now, if all of you who have cars on the road out there that are as old as mine, went out and bought a new car, the price of metals (especially palladium) might go up.....or not.  However, Russia's stockpile of the metal becoming depleted and its' largest miner of nickel and palladium cutting production next year, might.

On the website, you should be seeing the menu being changed, and, hopefully, I found all the page links that needed severing.  I saw that part of the menu buttons were still going to pages that I should have cut off last year.   I don't know about you, but last year was a STRANGE year around here.  Well, some years are just like that.  The site should be tightened up and some information has been updated as well.  I will get back to other pages and look at them for updates this next week.

On a personal note, we are making our plans for some time in Arizona in February.  It is still up in the air as to whether we will make the 2012 Tucson Show, but we WILL be headed south some time in February.

I saw while I was doing updates, that Hooked on Gold has been online for 7  years!  Lots of things have happened since then, too.  Hope your week is a golden one and make sure you are out there finding gold or at least making plans to.  I am looking forward to spending more time on what I started this website and blog for and less on the things that are just busy work.  

Good Prospecting to You,
Shirley Weilnau
www.hookedongold.com
hookedongold@gmail.com

No comments: