Wednesday, April 17, 2013



                              April 16th.

I am beginning to wonder if winter is ever going to turn into spring.  I fear, this year, we may go from winter directly to summer.  It is snowing, again, as I write, and we are looking at another 5 to 6 inches of accumulation before this finally heads east and leaves Colorado.  Another round is looking to hit us on Saturday. I DO hope the weather is clear for Sunday!

Gold took a BIG turn downward earlier this week, hitting a low around $1352.  I has managed to rally the last two days, even touching $1395 today before retreating to $1375, now, and sliding. I could go into a long dissertation on the why's, but I will restrain myself to simply say there are many pressures to keep it down for now.  Like I said earlier, I would be content to see it end where it was a few days ago.  I DO hope it makes it back into the stratosphere. 

I have several announcements to make that are way over due.  The first is to announce the premiere of Animal's Planet's new series 'Ice Cold Gold' which has its' first airing on Sunday April 21st at 8 pm MST.  We are attending the pre party here in Denver, as we have two Colorado boys we know who are part of this team.  Chad Watkins, of 'Tin Pan Prospecting', and John Self, of 'Self Aware Minerals'. This series follows a team of prospectors who go looking for gold in Greenland.....and FIND it.  I have a couple of links to short videos about the series you can watch. 




The second is that you need to be watching the Weather Channel's  "Prospectors" series on Tuesday nights a 7 pm MST.  They filmed several local gem prospectors who mine on Mt. Antero and in the Lake George area and the adverse weather conditions in our mountains.  This has, also, been an interesting series.  They run the back episodes before and after the new episode, so check in at 6:30 if you have missed them.

Last, the Denver Spring Gem Mineral and Fossil show is this weekend, April 19th through the 21st.  This is always a very nice show with lots of vendors and excellent items to purchase. I have already started to compile a list of shows for this summer and will post them another time.  Here is a link to information on what is going on this weekend. 
http://www.mzexpos.com/colorado_spring.html  The Dorris family from the Weather Channel's 'Prospectors' series will also be there.  I am sure Steve Brancato and the Busse family will be around, as well.  Amanda is in New Jersey at a gem show there.  The Dorris' are well know for their Amazonite crystals and will have their usual room set up.  Drop by and say 'Hi'.

Well, I don't know about you, but I am ready to get out and do some prospecting for gold here in Colorado!  We have many projects taking shape for the summer and are in high hopes of uncovering some nice finds, both gold and gemstones.  If you are in Nathrup visiting Cindy, stop in at the old ice cream parlor.  The Busses' will be setting up a new shop with all kinds of mountain gems, artifacts, specialty jewelry, and items from local artisans.  They will, also be setting up an area south of Salida that will offer bags and buckets of gemstone dirt, similar to what the Topaz miner did before the fire.  I will get info to you as soon as I know when.  I already know where.  Looks to be a great year for us.  Hope yours is looking as good.  As Always....

Good Prospecting to You,
Shirley Weilnau
www.hookedongold.com
www.hookedongold@mail.com


No comments: