Friday, July 28, 2006

Gold Prospecting on Cache Creek


Hi'dy, I got ast'd by the folks at hooked on gold to hep them with their prospectin' blog. Don't zactly know what that is, but it sounds like some girls' diary. Now, I'm not sure I wanna write in some diary, but they tell me all I hafta do is ramble on 'bout what I know and what I think, so here goes.

I'm known 'round here as the Gold Panner. I met up with Larry and Shirley back a few years, and since then we have become thick as thieves. Seems they is mostly in the same neck o' the woods as me, so we meet up offen. Good folks and honest to boot. Got 2 sons and a couple of grandkids with more in the oven.

Bin up 'round Cache Creek lately, an I bin seein' a few folks up there 'round the cemetury pokin'holes in the ground. Now, I heerd that the BLM tol everbody to stay up by those lectric poles by the road, an that the cemetury was a historic place to be preezrvd. I could name names, but don't wanna rock no boats. Meybe I'll git me one o' those pitchur takin thangs an wander down there. Cors it's a BLM problem, but I al'ays thought prospectors was law abidin' an honest, not a bunch o scoundrels. That's all I got ta say taday.

No comments: